Tuesday, July 22, 2008

St. George- Part 2: Wakeboarding

(Go here for Part 1)

I finally got to try wakeboarding for the first time and I loved it! I really was worried that I wouldn't be able to get up, but I did about 50% of the time, and for a first-timer, I think that's pretty good (especially since the last few times that I failed to get up it was due to my exhausted arms). I had a few short runs and couple really good runs before my arms would go no more. Here are a couple pictures of me in the water:
Just getting in the water

Ready to go

I'm up!

(Justin and Janna have some better pictures. Nate is not anywhere near a photographer, so I couldn't expect much. He doesn't even know how to use the video function on our camera- and it's way easy!)

Nate was able to go wakeboarding for the first time 2 years ago at the previous family vacation (I stayed home due to the recent birth of Mason) and was excited to get to go again. He went out 3 times during the week, but only had the camera for pictures when I went. I shot some video of him, but kept missing his best moves. This is the best video I got:


We went to Sand Hollow Reservoir, which is only a few years old, and it was nice. The water felt great, the surroundings were beautiful, and the boat was relaxing. Some of you may know that I have a slight fear of water, but I didn't once get nervous being on a boat in the middle of the water. It probably helped that none of the kids were with us.
The view:

2 comments:

Angela Draper said...

How fun that you learned how to wakeboard. I love wakeboarding so much!!! It has been forever though since I've done it. Hope you get to go again soon!

Sally said...

Great pics! I've never been water skiing or wakeboarding, looks fun!