Sunday, August 3, 2008

24 Hours Later...

*Don't Worry, No Spoilers*




I didn't end up going to a Breaking Dawn release party on Friday, like I was originally planning, because I went to a late showing of The Dark Knight with Nate and my dad instead (and we missed getting into the earlier showing we had planned on going to because it sold out, but we did get to see a preview for Twilight). So after the movie, we swung by Wal*Mart so I could pick up a copy- at 1AM. Pretty quick in and out of the store since I had missed the big rush, but my dad wandered, so we had to look for him (and his cell phone was still turned off from the movie). We got home around 1:30AM, and shortly thereafter I starting my long day of reading. I was already so tired that I didn't read for long- only until about 3:30AM, at which time I fell asleep on the couch. Saturday was a busy day (birthday party in the late morning, ate out for lunch because Nate insisted), so I didn't get much more reading in until the afternoon, but I was determined to finish the book that night without staying up extremely late. Yes, I neglected about 75% of my parenting duties (I still managed to take a break to help bathe the kids and get them to bed), but since it was a Saturday, and Nate was home, it wasn't too big of deal. I didn't even rush through the book. I felt like I read it at slower than my normal pace, and I still was able to be finished by 1AM. All in all it probably took me around 12 hours of reading time. If I had been able to stay engrossed without so many breaks, I'm sure I would have been quicker, but hey, it is a 754 page book.

So anyway, I liked it. How about you? Now Nate is busy reading it. I doubt he'll be able to finish it in one day, since he ends up with more distractions, but he still won't take long.

*Monday morning edit- I was wrong. Nate did end up finishing in one day (well, 24-hour period). He stayed up reading until 6 this morning to finish and now he gets to work all day on 1 hour's sleep.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Man, I wish I didn't do the Barnes & Noble thing until 2am!! But I haven't started reading it yet because my sister has it so...I better do it soon before I read a spoiler somewhere! Yikes! And also before school starts! I can't go to work on no sleep!

Heather H said...

That is a lot of reading in one day!! I havent read any of her books so I cant give a review thought. :)

BrookeLynn said...

I loved it. I thought is was different than the other books but still enjoyed it and Jacob didn't bug at all this book, thank goodness. I like the plot of the story. It took me about two days with distractions to finish also. Of course nothing got done in my house, but I supposed thats why we have mondays.

BrookeLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.