Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Twilight Obsession

Two weeks ago I bought the first book in the Twilight series at Costco that I had heard a little bit about on the news or something. All I really knew about the series was that it was written by a BYU grad, it was a vampire story, and the vampires had morals. Being the vampire lover that I am, I had to give it a read. I started the first book, Twilight, after church two Sundays ago and was so taken by the story that I had it finished by Tuesday morning (all 500 pages). And since the book had the first chapter of the second book in it as a teaser, I was desperate to get the second book. I held off on buying the second book, New Moon, until that Thursday (and went ahead and bought the third book while I was at it) and had it completed by Friday night (another 550 pages or so) and immediately started in on the third book, Eclipse. I was finished with the third book (about 650 pages) the following Sunday after I had started the first book.
Yep, I read all three books in almost exactly one week. I had a hard time keeping myself away from them. I didn't completely shun my duties. I still took care of my kids and cooked (although house cleaning did suffer), but I longed for the times I could read- like naptime and when Nate got home from work and once the kids were in bed. I stayed up late reading almost every night. I dreamt about Twilight. I was obsessed. And now I have to wait a whole year for the next book! In that way I am glad that I did not stumble across the series when only the first book was out. The torture of waiting would have just been horrible at times.
So if you like vampire stories I suggest you give this one a try.

1 comment:

Angela Draper said...

I've heard so many good things about that series, but haven't read any of it yet. I'm always a little late in catching on to good things :) Glad to hear you had so much fun reading them though!