Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's the dreaded 3-0

I. am. 30. Yep, it's true. I never thought I would have such a hard time turning 30, but it sort-of sucks - especially since Nate was out of town for my birthday (for the second year in a row), due to work training. Luckily, I have two wonderful neighbors (Samantha and Sherrie) who took me out for dessert so I felt a little more special (and my parents also took me to IHOP for breakfast). Here's me on my birthday:


As my sister put it, I'm now 29 from now on (or for as long as I can get away with it!).

2 comments:

Angela Draper said...

You look so sad! I'm sorry that the big 30 b-day wasn't too exciting. I think my age clock stopped at 25. Or at least that's what I say :) Cheer up! 30's been ok for me so far :)

Sherrie said...

I have always thought a good piece of cake makes all the bad in the world go away...and if your 40 and that doesn't work a good plastic surgeon might! I'll let you know, since I'll get there sooner than you. Actually I imagine you'll witness the breakdown first hand.