Friday, December 28, 2007

Toe Socks!


Nate got me some toe socks for Christmas! It's been years and years since I've had a pair of these and now I have 3 pairs! Yeah, they feel a bit awkward when you first put them on but you get used to them. Nate doesn't like to even look at them on because it freaks him out. I love socks that aren't just regular plain white ones. I used to only own one or two pairs of white socks in my pre-marriage days. I was all about the striped, plaid, silly socks and was reminded of them when I was going through some old pictures a couple weeks ago, so I decided to ask Nate for some non-boring socks. I didn't expect him to actually get me any since his reply was "but I like that you wear regular white socks now." He just doesn't get my love of the unusual sock. I also bought myself some non-white socks for Christmas, so now I have several new pairs of non-white socks. Yay!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I love toe socks! I bought Lettie toe socks because she always steals my pair and if I wear them she says "Mom You are wearing MY socks!" Often she will just put one on and they go all the way up her thigh. Then she puts on sandles... she is an odd duck...

I was thinking about you the other day because I heard "Last Christmas... I gave you my heart!" It reminded me of how you loved that song when Savage garden covered it... that was you right? Anyway, glad to see your other blog, I always saw the kids one!

Jeanette said...

I totally get the sock thing. Before I was married, I too loved festive socks. I think I lost a piece of myself when I got married and stopped wearing fun socks. What's up with that?